Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Obsession

Emma has always loved books. That fact makes my heart swoon. I love reading and I desperately hoped to pass that down to Em. Last night before bed, Em and I were reading books. She was cracking me up. We would finish a book and she would hop down and get another out of the basket. She would say "Mommy read?" Now I don't know if this was a clever plan to extend bedtime or that she was genuinely interested in reading, but we read EVERY book in the basket.


These are some of her favorite books. She loves to look for the firemen and doggies in the Fireman Bill book.


She calls the Peek-A-Boo I Love You book "Pee Pie Book" and she always grins so big when you get to the last page. She makes me laugh so hard when she "reads" the Where is Baby's Beach Ball book. She will babble and then lift the flap and say "No." When you get to the last page and lift the flap to find the beach ball, she says "Oh, find it."


I would say that this is Em's favorite book. She calls it "Momma" book. We read it 8 times per day on average. It is adorably cute and I'm glad that she loves it so. It is a paperback and I am pretty sure I need to invest in a hardcover edition soon. I also want to get the other Llama books. I've heard they are all wonderful!


Do you recommend any other childen's books? What are your favorites?

2 comments:

Ansley said...

Dax loves for me to No, David. However, we change David to Dax and he loves it. Lani loves There's a Monster at the end of this book - the one with elmo and Where the Wild Things are. Lani is obsessed with monsters, I guess :)

CygnetMommy said...

Xander loves Monkey and Me. We got a free copy of it out of a cheerio's box. He also loves Caps for Sale and Bark George. Oh and anything by Eric Carle, of course!