Wednesday, December 24, 2008

One centimeter

We had our 38 week doctors appointment today. I am 100% effaced and dialated one centimeter. Doesn't seem like a lot when you look at a ruler, but I am very excited about it. I have had some swelling in my ankles and a little in my face and I have been very itchy for the last couple of days. The doctor is checking my blood to make sure I don't have a gallbladder condition called Colestasis. I should know by Friday or Monday depending on how fast they can analyze my blood. If it turns out that I do have the condition, I will deliver very soon! Scary but exciting!
I wanted to take the time today to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! Remember the reason for the season, take the time to read the Christmas story (one of my favorite Christmas traditions), enjoy time with family and friends, eat all the yummy food, and RELAX!

2 comments:

Ansley said...

I'm sorry you may have some condition, but Yay~about 1 cenimeter...Emma may be arriving before the New Year!!!

Williams said...

Kate!! I'm getting so excited! I've been away from a computer the past few days and it's been killing me not knowing what's been going on with you. Please keep your blog updated with baby news. I don't want to bug the family. I think of you every day and so excited to know the joy that's on the way for you!