Friday, January 1, 2010

The end of an era

A breakdown of the last decade

2000 I am a college freshman. Enjoying life with my best friend, Mel. Making mistakes. Skipping class. Studying hard. Missing my grandpa who passed away Christmas Eve 1999. Feeling the freedom of living out of my parent's house. At my ideal weight. Working for the Clemson Football office. LOVING life.

2001 Still in college. Living in an apartment. Fighting with my friend, Mel. Missing her and still dating a somewhat questionable boy. Break up with somewhat questionable boy later this year. Changed my major from Nursing to Education. Start back working at Outback.

2002 I'm a junior. Living with some very good friends from my major. I buy my first car...a black Volkswagon Jetta. Turn 21. Have fun with friends. Make a roadtrip with Erin to Boone to visit my cousin at App. Get stuck in the snow and get made fun of for NOT bringing warm clothing. Date a boy from work.

2003 I graduate from Clemson. Decide to NOT go into the workforce yet. Move back home with my parents. Share a bathroom with my brother. In the fall, I move back out and live with Karen and Mandi from work. Turn 22 and have an awesome birthday with friends at Villa Luigi's in Central.

2004 In January I meet a boy at a random place....Charlie T's. We fall in love. Go to The Masters. He graduates from Clemson. He moves to Raleigh. I turn 23. I start subbing at schools and interviewing for jobs in NC.

2005 I get a teaching job at Rolesville Elementary. I meet a lot of GREAT people. Move to NC. Teach writing and SS in 5th grade. Visit DC for 3 days with 125 5th graders. Go to the OIB with the fam. Attend friends weddings. Get engaged on my birthday in September. Papa Alexander passes away the day before Thanksgiving. Go to Charleston for New Years with the Columbia crew.

2006 Get married. Buy a house. Friends get married. Thoroughly enjoy the wedding season while attending 7 weddings. Celebrate Christmas with my new hubby and his family. Reese graduates. Go to Mexico for our honeymoon. Buy an I-pod and a new camera. Turn 25. Car insurance rates go down.

2007 Move to Second grade. Get a new principal. Enjoy a trip to Virginia with the hubby for our first Anniversary. Gain weight. Try to learn how to cook. Visit home almost monthly. Enjoy many Clemson football games. Enjoy life as newlyweds. LOVE teaching. Hubby surprised me with a new car on Thanksgiving day. Put our house on the market.

2008 Got pregnant. Found out my hubby's best friend's were pregnant too and so is my good friend, Courtney. Celebrated several weddings. Took our house off the market. Drowned in lesson plans for my maternity leave. Girls nights with the second grade crew at Los Hermanes. One HOT Clemson football game=one tired swollen pregnant lady. Road trip with Julie. Malana got married. Put our house on the market again.

2009 Emma was born. Moved back to SC. Sold house. Quit job. Miss NC friends. Moved in with parents. Celebrated many firsts. Got two part-time jobs. Celebrated 3 years of marriage. My cousin and the closest thing I have to a sister got engaged. My brother, Reese married his adorable wife, Meredith. Try to save money. Search for houses.

WOW! Things really have changed over the past 1o years. From college freshman to wife and mother. Hoping that the next decade is even better than the last!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Loved that post! Very clever. I keep saying I need to do one...

Williams said...

Wow! I'm impressed! You really do remember everything! Emma turns 1 in 2 weeks! I can't wait!

Susan Isbell said...

Just think--10 years from now Emma will be 10 going on 18! Time will fly--enjoy every minute.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that makes me feel OLD to think back over the decade!!! Carzy! - Lindsay R