Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years!

As the new year quickly approaches, I wanted to write about some things I am thankful for and some things I would like to do better in 2010.

I am thankful for

I am so thankful that I became a mother this year. It has been exhausting and a full time job in itself, but I wouldn't give it up for the world. Em is so very special. She is one of a kind and I love her so deeply it hurts.

I am thankful for my hubby. He works hard to provide for us. I love his spontaneity and how he gets so excited about everything. I love his relationship with his little girl. She is going to be a total Daddy's girl one day.

I am so very thankful for my parents. They have done so much for us this year. I could never thank them enough.

Some resolutions for 2010

1. Become a better wife and mother. I'm not perfect and there are times that I get frustrated with Em b/c she won't lay still for her diaper change or she repeatedly pinches my cheeks while drinking her bottle or get upset b/c the hubby is not doing things the way I would do them. I need to remember that he will parent HIS way and I will parent MINE. Neither is right or wrong.
2. LOOSE WEIGHT. I am tired of being disgusted with the way I look. I need to join a gym and kick this butt into gear. Period.
3. Find a job. A full time teaching job. With benefits. And sick days. and insurance.

And because I would like to get to know all of you a little better, I will do as many others....I will take questions....ANY questions. Ask away and I will answer them. Leave your questions in the comments section of this post and I will start answering questions next week or I guess you could say....NEXT YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL THIS YEAR!

**Here's hoping I will at least get one question to answer. :)

4 comments:

Little Momma & Co. said...

Hi Kate,

I am Stephanie Kepplinger's friend from college, I have found your blog through her's :) Emma is so sweet and just a bit younger than my son Connor, it is always fun to see them doing the same things! I was laughing with Steph one day - we moved back to St. Louis from Colorado to be closer to famiy after we had Connor and moved in with my mom. We are still here, things are great and we will probably start looking for houses this summer. I laughed though, as you and your family made the same transition. So here is my questions, how is it going for you? Are you happy to have moved closer to family? I know we are, and it's always nice to hear about others in your same shoes!!

Hope you have a great new year and you don't think I am too much of a stalker, I just thought I would play along!

Take care,
Ellen

Duet Diva said...

Oh girl, I have many questions for fun:

-besides Outback, ahem, where is your favorite place to eat?

-what is your favorite thing about John Allen?

-what has been your best mommy memory?

-do you wear perfume? If so, what kind?

-when you are all by yourself, what do you love to do?

Steph said...

1) I love that you and Ellen have connected via blogs!! She is the best!!! Okay...question for you:

How did you decide on the name Emma? Did you always want a little girl named Emma?

If Emma were a boy, what would his name have been?

What is your favorite memory of being a Mommy?

What are your plans for Emma's birthday?! I can't wait to see!!!

Happy New Year!! Emma is getting TOO big and is sooo precious!! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Little Momma & Co. said...

Ha! I am glad you don't think I am too much of a stalker - I do love checking out blogs, makes the day at work go oh so much faster :)

Connor's birthday is December 17th, so we just wrapped up the big one year shin-dig (times 2), and Christmas a week later! We were tired but it was oh-so-much fun!!!! :)

Oh and yes, Steph is the best. She is my best friend and I would be lost without her - she is too sweet and I am a little in love with Miss. Reaggie too!!!

Okay - here is another one for you, how did you and the hubby meet?

So fun, can't wait to read the answers - I have been wanting to do one of these for awhile, maybe I will now!

happy new year :)