Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A little shopping

I am lovin' some consignment shops. I feel a little embarrassed to say that I have never set foot into a consignment shop until today. Mom, Emma and I passed two shops on our way into town today and decided to stop and look. Mom was looking for a crib and monitor to keep at her house. We found so many cool things! The prices are GREAT! (Sorry for the sideways pics, I am typing on the parent's computer and I don't know how to work it well.)
First find, this adorable dress with little lambs. It was brand new with tags and cost $4.00! WOW! It's a Carter's brand.
Second find, this cutie pie dress with smocking sailboats. Size 18 months, so she should be able to wear it next summer. $12.00! WOW, WOW!
Another pic of the cute summer sailboat dress.
Lastly, Emma needed some toys. Mom got all five toys for under $30.00. Three of them were still in their boxes...never been used! All are in great condition. Of course, I took the Clorox to them as soon as we got home, but you can't beat that! The Leapfrog Baby drum cost $22.00 at Babies-R-Us and it was 7 bucks today! I am super excited about all our finds today. Emma got so many cute things. After shopping, we headed to dinner at Outback and then went to spend some time with Mark, Charidee, Alex and Ella. Emma got more clothes from the twins that she should be able to wear next year. Charidee's girls always look so adorable.
**Check out your local consignment shops. You won't regret it! I know I'll be back!

1 comments:

Abby said...

Yay, Kate! Thrifting is so fun - and babies grow so gosh darn quick that paying retail seems pointless when they'll outgrow it in a month.

I LOVE the smocked dress. I can't wait to have a little girl...just not ANY TIME soon!