Wednesday, June 24, 2009

They're headed for DE-vorce


I have been putting off this post, because, well... I was a little upset at how things turned out. I have been a long time fan of Jon and Kate Plus 8..since the very first special over 4 years ago. I turned my mom, aunts, grandma, and friends onto the show. I sure felt a little silly getting upset on Monday after they made their announcement. I just wanted to vent my opinion. So, here goes it....

Did you see Jon's earrings? What is that all about? Also, he made the comment that he was "excited" about things. WHAT? You are "excited" about putting your kids through this? I think that was a poor choice of words to describe your feelings about the matter. Secondly, he went on and on about being only 32 years old and wanting to do other things with his life. To me, this sounds like he no longer wants to be daddy to 8 darling kids. They are pulling him down and ruining his fun. (If you can't tell, I should be wearing a TEAM KATE shirt!) He seemed like he was not upset at all about how things turned out. He was just "excited" to get on with HIS life.

I am not saying that Kate is a saint and that she had nothing to do with how things are playing out. She at least seemed genuinly upset at the fact that her marriage is ending. It seemed like she wanted to try and work on things. Make it work, get therapy, for the kids. I feel bad that she is getting "hung out to dry" in the press. They are making it all sound like she is this terrible person and she brought it on herself.

What do you think? Are there any TEAM JON folks out there?

4 comments:

The Bridges said...

I know! I hate that he seemse like he doesn't even want to TRY to save their marriage. If he's in it for "the kids" then he should give it all he's got. Sooooooo disappointing!

Abby said...

We need to start a Team Kate fan club. Or maybe just a Team Gosselin one - because it's those kiddos who truly need the support.

Being a multiple, a celebrity, and now having divorced parents...can you imagine the therapy? Bless their hearts. I feel for this whole family - and anyone who has to go through a divorce.

And, yes, the earrings are just screaming MIDLIFE CRISIS...among other things that aren't appropriate to blog about ;)

Nat said...

Soo sad I loved them and watched the show religiously!!

Good luck with the shred, don't get discouraged it is HARD at first but after a week or so it gets so much easier and then it's addicting!

Susan said...

Sorry but I never got into the show. I really didn't even know much about it until all the hoopla this season. My take on the whole thing is that they both let fame and fortune take over. They got to wrapped up in the fame and money and lost sight of the really important things in life. They were probably much happier before the show ever began. We have to really be careful of what money and fame can do to us. From what I understand--they are very different folks from the couple who started the show 4 years ago.
susan