Around 3:00 today I noticed a little blood when I went to the bathroom. Being a first time mom, I FREAKED! I have a placenta previa so I was told to call the doctor if I had any bleeding. So I immediately called the doc. While on the phone, the school fire alarm starting going off! By this time, I am hysterically crying. Good thing my class was in Music! I call the principal and got someone to take care of my class for the rest of the day... off I go to the hospital. (The doctors at the office had already left for the day!) I got in the car and starting driving. Emma starting kicking like crazy, she had never been that active before. I was praying and I think that was God's (and Emma's) way of telling me that everything was going to be ok. John Allen met me and drove the rest of the way to the hospital. I couldn't believe how quickly I was checked in and things seemed to be moving quickly. I was hooked up to fetal monitors and Emma was kicking like crazy! She does not like to be messed with! Her heart rate was wonderful and strong. So relieved! The doctor came by and discussed how the blood was probably related to my previa. He instructed me to take it easy this weekend and that if the bleeding continued we would have to talk about possible bed rest! Auuugh! Please pray that it does not come to that! He also let me know that I would have to get my Rhogam shot early since I had a "bleed." (Rhogam is for RH negative blood) The nurse came a took my blood to be tested in the lab before I could receive my shot. About 4 hours later, I received the shot! So painful and freezing cold! We finally left the hospital around 8:30...tired, hungry, thirsty, and relieved! Please keep all of us in your prayers. We go back to the doc on Thursday for a checkup.
Park City Utah
4 years ago


2 comments:
Aww...so glad that you are ok...I know you were terrified..
Oh my! That happened to me...so i completed feel your pain! Bonus: extra ultrasounds! Take it easy & prop up them feet!
Post a Comment