Emma made her first in-utero trip to a Clemson Tiger football game. John Allen, my friend, Julie, and I headed to Clemson on Friday night. We awoke at the crack of dawn on Saturday to head to the Clemson/NC State football game. With food galore and fans in tow, we finally arrived at our tailgating spot around 10:00. We proceeded to unpack all our goodies, chairs, tent, etc. Did I mention that our parking space was about 2 1/2 miles from the stadium (all up hill!) We starting walking to the stadium around 11:00. I thought I would die! Pregnant, Hot, Hills, not a good combo! We finally made it to the game just in time to see the Tigers run down the hill. (My favorite part!) I suffered through the first half and decided to take a break in the shade during half time. By this time, my body looked like a swollen lobster. I put on sunscreen, but I guess the hormones were working overtime! John Allen and Julie went back to the seats for the second half. I told them I would be up in a couple of minutes. I never made it up! Everytime I would try to step out into the sun, I would feel my skin burning and step back into the shade. I stayed under the stadium in the shade and made friends with the police officer. Needless to say, we went straight home after the game and skipped tailgating. I doused myself in aloe vera, took a little nap and enjoyed the air conditioning. Thank God for air conditioning!
Park City Utah
4 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment