We had a busy weekend. JAP made his way to the Masters on Friday while Emma and I stayed in North Augusta with his Grandparents. We enjoyed a lazy afternoon of meeting new people, strolling with Tilda, and watching Wheel. We left Augusta on Saturday morning but not before running into a brick wall and blowing a tire! Way to go, JAP! Since we spent several hours at the Tire joint, we couldn't make it out to the Zoo...Emma will have to wait to see the animals. Sunday we went to church at Riverland Hills. The church was full so we had to watch the sermon in the fellowship hall on the big screen....sad not to see the sanctuary but the sermon was wonderful and really got me thinking about the reason we celebrate. I hate that so many religious holidays get to be centered around non-religious things like Santa and the Easter Bunny. I hope that as Emma grows, we can make sure she understands the reason we celebrate. The overwhelming love of Jesus and what he did for us so many years ago.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
This is the first bible verse I memorized and it is the one I always think of on Easter day. Happy Easter everyone!


1 comments:
You are right...it is important to remember why we celebrate. As parents of young kids, we too desire for them to know the reasons we celebrate Christmas and Easter, and it is our prayer that Christ doesn't get overshadowed by Santa or the Easter Bunny! Thanks for posting this!
Post a Comment