I am fairly creative in the classroom and around the house, but my blog (to me) is not that creative so I was giddy to receive the "Kreative Blogger" award from Lindsay Lou! Thanks girl! So I am supposed to write about 7 things I love and then pass the award on to some other creative bloggers. Here goes...
1. Church~ I enjoy being around believers. God is good and it is a shame that I cannot even mention it at my place of work. God has blessed my life with wonderful parents, a ginormous amazing family, a loving husband and a gorgeous daughter. I praise him every day for the gifts he has bestowed upon me.
2. John Allen and Emma~ As I get ready to head back to work, I have really been thinking about how lucky I am to have such an amazing and understanding husband. I know there will be days that I will call him from work just to cry and tell him how much I miss our sweet preciousness. He will inevitably come home with some surprise...my favorite flower, candy, dinner from my favorite restaurant. He is a man I cannot live without. And Miss Emma Doodle...who could resist that cute little face! I am shocked at how much I love her and it grows more and more each day!
3. Family~ My parents raised me to be a kind and loving person. My mom is a wonderful role model and I hope that Emma loves me as much as I love my mom. She is my best friend and the person that always makes me feel safe and supported. My Dad is a generous person...he gives not only monitary items but love and support also. My dad would hate it if I told someone this, but he goes to the beach every month with work and goes to eat at the Calabash restaurants. He has been known to pay for family's dinners without acknowledgement...just because he thought they could use the help. LOVE him! My brother is also a giver. He amazes me how he can run into a burning building with no regard for his own safety. That is a true hero! Meredith, my brother's fiance, is going to be a perfect addition to our family. She just fits! My in-laws are now part of my family. I love getting to know them and spending time with them. And don't forget Joan Aubrey...well she's just Joan Aubrey. Absolutly adorable!
4. Clemson Football~ There is nothing like tailgating for a Clemson football game. I love running into old friends. I love watching the Tigers run down the hill. I love going to Mac's to get an mouth watering burger and not worrying about the calories I am about to consume. I just love Clemson. It is my #1 place to live!
5. Books~ I love books. I love to find a book that you just can't put down. I once read an entire book in one day...Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. YEAH, YEAH, I know...don't laugh at me. I am a teacher and they are REALLY good books. I love Nicolas Sparks books, always good! I read The DaVinci Code in two days. Interesting. I am also a fan of John Irving and love A Prayer for Owen Meany. You could also say I am a sucker for a good children's book. My favorite is The Giving Tree.
6. The good 'ole state of South Carolina~ I love SC. I love our state flag. It is by far the best flag out there. I love the destinations...Charleston, Clemson, Columbia. There are beautiful waterfalls in the mountains and gorgeous old homes in Charleston. If you need to go shopping, we have some wonderful outlets in Gaffney and Myrtle Beach. If you would like to go golfing...Hilton Head is not too far away. It is the perfect place to live. Wish with all my being that I still lived in that awesome state!
Whoosh...I am already on my 7th thing. This is harder than I thought. I love so many things!
7. Friends~ I definately can't leave those out. I have made lots of friends over the years. Some I keep in touch with constantly and others that I only talk to occasionally. I have my old friends, my school friends, my blog friends, my college friends and my FOREVER friends. They all have a special place in my heart. I am so excited to get to spend time with one special "forever" friend this weekend. Melissa and I have been best friends since like 5th grade when she moved to SC from out west...boots and all! I love ya Kamel! (looks like camel but is pronounced Kay-Mel) We will miss you Ans!
I pass this to Ansley Allen, Sara Alexander, Courtney Williams and Leigh Chasteen. Looking forward to reading about your loves!


2 comments:
Thank you for the sweet comment about our little man. LOVE Emma's bow. I often wonder what it would be like to see Pink and Girly things in the house, LOL. Who knows, maybe one day. I added you to my list. All thanks to Linds for adding you and the others. I think I am addicted to reading all the blogs. God Bless!
How am I suppose to follow this up??? Each time I think about Macs and go there, I think about you taking me for the 1st time in college. Yummy onion rings and chocolate milk shakes! I'm sending up an extra prayer for you and your little family next week as you go back to work.
Post a Comment