I wanted to get to know my readers a little better, so I started Favorite Things Tuesday! Last week I had one participant (Thanks Ms. Isbell). This week, I am hoping for two. Today's theme is favorite Movies. My husband would say that "I don't have a favorite movie. I like too many to say that I have a favorite." BUT, here are a few that I would consider my favs...the ones I can watch over and over and never get sick of. The ones I could probably recite. The ones that can always make me laugh, cry, smile, think...whatever I'm in the mood for!
The Story of Us~ A touching story of a couple doomed for divorce that fall back in love and finally find their way back to each other.
Steel Magnolias~ As southern as sweet tea. A classic. A tearjerker. This movie will make you laugh till your belly hurts, hysterically cry, and will make you question the important things in life.
Shag~ A good 'ole southern girly-girl movie. My friends and I used to watch this movie every time we had a sleepover. Remember Ans! I could recite every word. It was filmed in the good 'ole state of SC too!
The Notebook~ Such a sad movie, but a wonderful, timeless love story. Of course, the book is ten times better than the movie...but that is always the case. Noah, the hopeless romantic, reminds me a lot of my own hubby!
National Treasure~ Everyone needs a good action flick and I prefer the ones with secrets and crazy plot twists. I enjoy learning about secret societies and I am a huge history buff. The history channel is one of my favs. Yes, I'm a geek ya'll.
Legends of the Fall~ Have you seen Brad Pitt in this movie. Enough said. Ooooh La La!
Gone With The Wind~ Classic. If I had to pick one movie as my favorite, this would have to be it. I have always wished I could rent a time machine (if they were invented) and travel back to the time of plantations, big poofy dresses with hats, gentlemen on horseback, petticoats and large over the top parties where couples danced the Virginia Reel. Love it!
Gladiator~ Action, drama, historical places...This is my dad's favorite movie and therefore it has become one of mine.
Fried Green Tomotoes~ Can you tell I'm a southern girl? I love the story of Iggy Threadgood and her family. Tawanda!!!
Forrest Gump~ This movie should be on every person favorite list. Perhaps one of the best movies ever made. I can recite the whole thing. I once played Forrest in a summer camp program during a talent show. My group and I did the scene when they are listing all the ways to cook shrimp...shrimp and grits, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp cabob.....
Elf~ This movie makes me laugh so hard that
Father of the Bride~ I love Steve Martin.
Christmas Vacation~ This is a christmas tradition in our family. Almost as important as trimming the tree and opening presents. Looking forward to reading about your favorites. Next week will be favorite memories. Get thinking ladies and gents. Remember to link your blog to MckLinky below so that others can read about your favorites.


2 comments:
Mr. Linky does not seem to be working but I am posting anyway!1
Here are some of my favorites...
Shawshank Redemption
One of my all time favorites! Morgan Freeman-actor and narrator. What else can I say.
Patch Adams
I don't always love Robin Williams but he does a great job in this movie.
Facing the Giants
Bad acting but great message! Praise God in the bad times as well as the good.
Rain Man
Wonderful movie! Dustin Hoffman is great.
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Old movie with Jack Nicholson. Sad but very thought provoking.
I Am Sam
There are lots of things about Sean Penn that I do not like but he really does a great acting job in this movie about a mentally handicapped man trying to raise a daughter.
Apparently I can't spell or type! That's supposed to be "Favorite" not favotire.
Post a Comment