Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sensational Six Month Old


A half a year? Already? It is hard to believe! I do have to say that I love this age. I wish I could press pause and enjoy this time for just a little bit longer. These are just a few reasons why I've been loving this stage:


  • Emma is sitting up! Sitting pretty. She can sit up and play with toys. She cracks me up when she makes herself laugh by hitting a toy or banging on her piano.

  • She loves her Mommy! Don't get me wrong, she is fine without me, but if I am in the room...she wants me. I can't help but feel a little joy that she is a mommy monster!

  • She eats a plethera of veggies and fruits. Her favs include sweet potatoes, squash (new fav), bananas, applesauce, and green beans. She is still not a big fan of peas or prunes, but she'll eat anything.

  • She is still desperately in love with her exercauser. I think she would stay in it all day if I would let her.

  • She's wearing 3-6 month clothing. She is long and lean. I am washing her 6-9 month clothes tonight...she is getting too long for her 3-6 sleepers.

  • Her favorite show is the Wonder Pets on Noggin. She watches TV in the morning sitting in her exercauser while I grab a quick shower and get dressed. She loves Linny, Tuck and Ming-Ming too!

  • She cut her first tooth this month! I guess I shouldn't put this on the list of reason why I love this stage, but it really wasn't THAT bad.

  • She started drinking trying to drink out of a sippy cup. Not much success with that yet, but we'll keep trying.

Emma is an absolute joy! Everyone that meets her immediately falls in love. We go Friday for her six month appointment. I'll post later with her weight and stats...I'm guessing she is about 16 pounds. We'll be on blogging vaca until Sunday. Emma, Granna and I are headed to NC today for Emma's doctor's appointment (Yeah, we still haven't found a pediatrician down here) and then the fam is headed to Columbia for the weekend. Ya'll have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Ansley said...

6 months already ~ time sure has flown by!!!

Anonymous said...

Got the adorable burp cloth in the mail! Thank you so much - love it! Happy 1/2 birthday, Emma!