Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Call back at ...........

I've gotten very used to hearing the phrase..."Call back at ...." We called at 5:00 and were told that some beds had opened up but that three more laboring mothers had arrived! Apparently everyone in Raleigh is delivering today except me. They told us to call back at 8:00 and hopefully we will get to go in. If not, I am thinking about bringing our blow-up bed to the Labor/Delivery waiting room and telling them to "give me the drugs and get this baby out! :)" Deep down I know that waiting is not the end of the world and that it is more important to admit someone in labor than someone who needs to be induced, but it is just a blow to the heart every time I call and am told "Call back at......."

1 comments:

Randi said...

I know you don't think so now, but you really will laugh about this...perhaps you are already. This really makes a great beginning to your birth story.

Good Luck!